Elation SD3D Media Generator - 3D Video Control Software
Elation SD3D Media Generator - 3D Video Control SoftwareSD3D Media Generator - 3D Video Control Software
The SD3D MediaGenerator is a software package designed to allow generation and manipulation of video effects in a real-time environment. It can be used in several areas of application where real-time generation of video effects is required which does not typically lend itself to traditional linear-based methods.
In complex live shows environments, events can be very spontaneous. The visualist needs to react very quickly to changing events. The right tools are required to create seemingly unique and complex visual effects at a moments notice. The SD3D MediaGenerator addresses these needs by providing a system that allows the visualist to access a full complement of media attributes using the Elation professional Series of DMX consoles. Unlike other traditional VJ software or media software packages, SD3D exposes every parameter via a DMX channel so users can take advantage of the DMX program features of the Elation Professional Show Designer series of control desks and apply them to their compositions.
Begin with organizing your media assets on your hard drive. There are four main categories of media assets - video clips, particles files, 3D objects files and mask files. Next populate the system with the appropriate media assets for that layer using the Elation AM. SD3D MediaGenerator has 9 layers of media. This means that you can display at any given time 8 different elements layered one on top of each other or one side by side of each other. The 9 layers of media are categorized as follows:
- 2 layers of Video playback
- 1 layers of Live input video
- 1 layer of Particle system generation
- 3 layer of 3D geometrical shapes
- 1 layer of Overlay mask
- 1 layer of 3D Live Text
The Render priority of these 9 layers is illustrated in the following diagram
Media files and clips are the foundation for your work in the SD3D MediaGenerator System. Media files are the raw materials you use to create your final real-time rendered visual effect. Media assets are created from many different sources. The SD3D System relies mostly on other media creation software or capture devices to provide the raw materials assets.
SD3D MEDIAGENERATOR SUPPORTED FILE FORMATS:
- Video: .avi, .mpeg, .mov and .wmv
- Overlayer mask: .png, .tga, .jpg, .bmp, .pcx
- Particle Layer: .png, .tga, .jpg, .bmp, .pcx, .avi (cinepack codec only)
- 3D Objects:.3DS, .X and .NMO
- Textures: .png, .tga, .jpg, .bmp, .pcx, .avi (cinepack codec only)
- Live Layer: N/A
Allows the user to interact with SD3D via virtual faders, or to monitor DMX activity in the channels.
SD3D MEDIAGENERATOR OVERVIEW:
- Suite of software programs which includes the Digital Asset manager, the SD3D MediaGenerator Main Program and the Config Utility.
- A Library of Digital content which includes videos, 3D objects, Particles,and Masks.
- A DMX USB Hardware Adapter that interfaces with an Elation ShowDesigner DMX console to the computer via USB cable.
- A USB Dongle Key which allows users to use the System on multiple machines (at any one time.)
- The SD3D MediaGenerator Main Program is the run-time software that allows the user to manipulate and generate video effects under the control of the Elation Professional Show Designer series of DMX Controller Consoles.
- Installation/ Content Library DVD
- USB Security Dongle
- DMX-USB I